Enterprise Architecture SIG 6/5 EA Program Managers Playbook Workshop
Date: June 5, 2013
Location: ICF International Fairfax
Enterprise Architecture SIG June 2013 EA PM Playbook Workshop
Topic: Enterprise Architecture Program Managers Playbook Workshop
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: ICF, 9300 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA 22031 (See additional information and directions to ICF from Vienna metro below.)
On behalf of the ACT-IAC Enterprise Architecture SIG we would like to invite you to join us at our EA Program Managers (PM) Playbook Workshop on June 5, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 12 Noon at ICF International, 9300 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA 22031.
The intent of the EA PM Playbook deliverable is to provide additional guidance that helps EA PMs organize and deliver EA services armed with an understanding of EA program focus, services, organizational culture, and most importantly the EA staff competencies.
As part of the EA PM Playbook development, we would like to hear your ideas and brainstorm some of the hypothesis the EA PM Playbook working group has come up with. Chris Chilbert, Chief Architect, DHS, and Walk Okon, Senior Architect Engineer, DoD, will be on hand to provide their perspectives.
This collaborative workshop is seeking industry and government participation in discussing the following issues:
• Discuss how the focus (i.e., business strategy, project architecture or technology solutions, etc.) of an EA program can influence management of the EA program
• Discuss how EA competencies and skill sets can influence the EA program focus
• Discuss the organization change management aspects of modifying the EA competencies and skill set mix with a goal of maturing the EA program focus
The agenda is as follows:
8:30 AM - Introduction
9:00 AM – Opening Remarks by EA PM Playbook Working Group
9:15 AM – 9:30 AM – Remarks by Mr. Chris Chilbert on the need for an EA PM Playbook
9: 30 AM – 10:00 AM – Overview of EA competencies at DoD by Mr. Walt Okon
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM – Facilitated discussion and breakout sessions by the EA PM Playbook Working Group
11:15 AM – 11:45 AM – Report out from the breakout sessions
11:45 AM – 12:00 Noon – Closing Remarks and Next Steps
Registration will close at 3:00 PM on Monday, June 3rd – please confirm your attendance by registering in advance.
Walking Directions from the Vienna Metro Station:
If travelers exit the South entrance they can take a 10 minute walk to ICF by following the directions that follow.
1. After exiting the South entrance, turn left (away from the parking garage) and walk to the circle.
2. Cross to the right side of Saintsbury Drive and continue walking to Hunter’s Glen Way (street has barrier to prevent cars from entering).
3. Turn right onto Hunter’s Glen Way.
4. Continue down this road and turn left at Hunter’s Branch Road.
5. Follow Hunter’s Branch Road to ICF International.
Visitors should check in at the front desk, where they will be directed to the ICF Conference Center.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Pete Wilson, Chair
Pal Sunkara, Vice Chair
Enterprise Architecture SIG